Porcini Infused Olive Oil Recipes
For starters or canapes with drinks, drizzle Olivo porcini infused olive oil over
- I just like porcini oil to dip with crusty bread. The nutty, earthy taste is quite delicate
- Field mushrooms (cooked in olive oil), rocket and pecorino on a baguette
- Use porcini oil instead of truffle oil as a garnish
For a delicious main course, try
- Lamb steaks dusted with porcini dust, baked in the oven and then drizzled with porcini oil to give that extra mushroom burst
- Porcini oil drizzled over your favourite mushroom risotto recipe
- Porcini lasagna – béchamel sauce (milk, bay leaf, onion, cloves, butter, flour, cream or yoghurt and nutmeg) soaked porcini (or mushrooms) fried in olive oil to soften, seasoning and cooked lasagna sheets. Layer porcini or mushrooms with pecorino cheese on lasagna sheets and add a few drops of porcini oil in each layer. Repeat a few times and finish with béchamel sauce, pecorino and another dash of porcini oil.
- Porcini oil drizzled over scrambled eggs
Try Olivo porcini olive oil over:
- Mashed potato – make a little well in the top of your blob on the plate and pour in a small amount of porcini oil so that it runs through – delicious!
Smoked Mushroom Soup
This is a quick, superbly rich soup based on Aromatics smoked mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
500g mushrooms sliced
Salt & black pepper
170g Aromatics smoked mushrooms - one packet
500ml good quality stock
¼ cup medium sherry
¼ cup crème fraiche
Olivo porcini infused olive oil to finish
Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the mushrooms and salt. Cook until soft. Add the
smoked mushrooms and stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
Tip into a food processor or blender to blend and return to the pan when pureed. Heat
to a low simmer, then stir in the sherry and crème fraiche. Season with pepper to taste.
Drizzle with porcini infused olive oil for a superbly mushroom taste.
Pork chops with mushrooms
My mother’s recipe (adapted) for 4
Fry pork chops in olive oil to brown. Put in oven on foil.
Cook 500g mushrooms in olive oil with a dash of butter,
add the juice of a lemon and 1 ½ tablespoons of flour.
Stir the flour into the mushroom mix and put on top of
the chops with 1 teaspoon of dried thyme. Pour over
natural yoghurt or cream and drizzle with porcini oil.
Cook at 180C for about an hour.